Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 22:25 - Mar 10 with 3043 viewsgalacticoblue

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 22:40 - Mar 10 with 2855 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I know people have their doubts about him (I was sceptical too), but so far he’s been bang on (apart from perhaps not seeing Cook out a little sooner!)
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 23:16 - Mar 10 with 2645 viewsvilanovablue

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 22:40 - Mar 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I know people have their doubts about him (I was sceptical too), but so far he’s been bang on (apart from perhaps not seeing Cook out a little sooner!)

He really hasn't done a lot wrong. Better than we've had for years.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 06:55 - Mar 11 with 2232 viewstextbackup

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 23:16 - Mar 10 by vilanovablue

not down playing the role he is playing.... but he looks so decent, because have havent had a CEO, in how many years? we've had people thinking they can do the role, but were utter sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 08:36 - Mar 11 with 1903 viewsdavblue

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 06:55 - Mar 11 by textbackup

not down playing the role he is playing.... but he looks so decent, because have havent had a CEO, in how many years? we've had people thinking they can do the role, but were utter sht

tbf more likely certainly in recent years that people were stretched so thin they didn't have the bandwidth to do the job properly and weren't qualified for it to save a few quid.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 09:23 - Mar 11 with 1742 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 06:55 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Yeh, was thinking there are definitely a lot of "easy wins" but he's going above and beyond I think and has clearly recruited brilliantly with McKenna.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 09:48 - Mar 11 with 1662 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 08:36 - Mar 11 by davblue

tbf more likely certainly in recent years that people were stretched so thin they didn't have the bandwidth to do the job properly and weren't qualified for it to save a few quid.

Or apparently weren't given the executive authority to make important decisions, which a CEO has to have. It's all very well producing nice soundbites, but that has to be backed up with action.

Ashton does also seem to have the advantage of budgets not being quite so tight, especially in off-field areas.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 09:51 - Mar 11 with 1645 viewsStrimmer

People of his level only fairly judged over years not months, but very little to complain about so far.

We’ve all thought it, he’s got a streak of Brentist managerialism in the way he talks. But can’t hold that against him when the big decisions, and the big pronouncements have been correct so far. (McKenna appointment/we can go very high and need a top pitch and training facilities)

Poll: Was it a punch?

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 11:39 - Mar 11 with 1481 viewsBlueBadger

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 23:16 - Mar 10 by vilanovablue

Interesting to note that the 'this is all Ashton's fault' crowd appear to have vanished since McKenna started at ITFC...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 1422 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 11:39 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

Interesting to note that the 'this is all Ashton's fault' crowd appear to have vanished since McKenna started at ITFC...

They will reappear as soon as KM loses back to back games.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 12:07 - Mar 11 with 1335 viewsdavblue

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 09:48 - Mar 11 by Guthrum

Or apparently weren't given the executive authority to make important decisions, which a CEO has to have. It's all very well producing nice soundbites, but that has to be backed up with action.

Ashton does also seem to have the advantage of budgets not being quite so tight, especially in off-field areas.

it's a massive surprise that we had our worst period as a club for a long time.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 12:36 - Mar 11 with 1211 viewsquad

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 11:39 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

I've said in the past that Ashton comes across as arrogant, that he's as weaselly as a used car salesman and that his high five performance at Lincoln was a cringe fest. But I didn't ever say that he was at fault and I don't remember others saying this is all his fault either.

I thought at the time that getting rid of Cook was a big mistake and I'm very happy to be proved wrong big time about that. Since McKenna has come in and done such a good job it's noticeable that Ashton and Gamechanger have kept quiet and stayed in the background which I think is a good thing. Let the actions do all the talking.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 12:36 - Mar 11 with 1205 viewsChrisd

Whenever he speaks, he always impresses me. We are starting to get things right on the pitch, but off it we appear to be making some very good moves and re-connecting the club as community driven where a lot of goodwill had been lost under the previous regime.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 1121 viewsgalacticoblue

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 12:36 - Mar 11 by Chrisd

Whenever he speaks, he always impresses me. We are starting to get things right on the pitch, but off it we appear to be making some very good moves and re-connecting the club as community driven where a lot of goodwill had been lost under the previous regime.

The community stuff is so positive. it looks like he is delivering what he said he would - long may that continue. He is also getting big calls right, changing Cook for McKenna the obvious example.
Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 13:57 - Mar 11 with 917 viewsPendejo

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 11:48 - Mar 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They will reappear as soon as KM loses back to back games.

sometime in 2024 then?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 14:32 - Mar 11 with 833 viewsKropotkin123

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 13:57 - Mar 11 by Pendejo

sometime in 2024 then?

Bristol City fans will be on here at that point saying "See, it's Ashton's fault you didn't win the Club World Cup".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 14:49 - Mar 11 with 802 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton 👏👏👏👏👏 on 14:32 - Mar 11 by Kropotkin123

Bristol City fans will be on here at that point saying "See, it's Ashton's fault you didn't win the Club World Cup".

I’d imagine the MA taboo alert siren has wailed and one of them will emerge from somewhere to add a bit of Ashton-hate on here soon.

Personally, take as to find. By and large, I’ve little to complain about really. I’d love to know what went wrong with Cook and why it was allowed to drag on so long. I have a serious complaint to make about the action man beard and some of the corporate speak that is a cruel reminder of my working days. That’s about it.

He appears to be putting in robust structures, the club appears more settled from the outside and happier, the manager looks at first sight a better fit than Cook and they are now beginning to address some of the external stuff like community. For me, it’s all good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024